Don’t worry—here are some similar options
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Beneath Venice’s waterfront palazzos, palaces, and churches lies an underground crypt filled with skulls and a mysterious painted skeleton. This walking tour takes you into the depths beneath Venice, where your guide will show you the hidden tomb—complete with religious frescoes and dark recesses. Then, explore two Venetian districts and learn about the city’s dark history of curses, revenge, and mysterious apparitions.
- Descend beneath Venice into an underground crypt
- Explore two city districts on a guided walking tour
- Hear dark Venetian legends of ghosts, curses, and murders
- Visit hidden sites where these stories took place
Saved to wishlist!
Offer for the crypt (€ 3.00 per person)
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Your tickets will be held at the theater box office for collection on the day of the performance
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Park Viaggi
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Underground Venice?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Underground Venice?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Underground Venice?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Underground Venice?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The tour guide's English was hard to understand at times, so it made it a little difficult to follow the stories, which may have been more interesting if there wasn't a language barrier." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Ghost & Vampire ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingVeniceGhost & Vampire Tours - VenetoWalking Tours - VenetoHistorical Tours - VenetoGhost & Vampire Tours - TrevisoWalking Tours - TrevisoHistorical Tours - TrevisoGhost & Vampire Tours - PaduaWalking Tours - PaduaHistorical Tours - PaduaCategory
Ca' Rezzonico AqualandiaMazzorboChurch of Santa Maria Assunta (I Gesuiti)Scuola Grande di San Giovanni EvangelistaMadonna dell’Orto Church (Chiesa della Madonna dell'Orto)Cannaregio Brenta RivieraLa Fenice Opera House (Teatro La Fenice)San Marco Chamber Orchestra (Virtuosi di Venezia)Church of San Zaccaria (Chiesa di San Zaccaria)Venice Santa Lucia Station (Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia)Peggy Guggenheim Collection (Collezione Peggy Guggenheim)Lake Misurina (Lago di Misurina)Campo Santa Maria FormosaCampo San LucaRialto Fish Market (Mercato di Rialto)Venice Jewish Ghetto (Ghetto di Venezia) Venice Lido (Lido di Venezia)Bridge of Sighs