Explore our promoted experiences
- After-hours tour of St. Mark's Basilica with optional Doge's Palace visit
- Enjoy evening access to St. Mark's Basilica, a historical Venice attraction
- Admire valuable treasures such as the Pala d’Oro, without the crowds
- Visit the crypt where the remains of St. Mark are believed to lie
- Upgrade to visit the Doge's Palace after St. Mark’s Basilica
- Explore the Doge's apartments and cross the famous Bridge of Sighs
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people for personal attention from a guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is in English.
- This is a walking tour. Guests should be able to walk at a moderate pace without difficulty.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- The tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows.
- If you cannot join your tour at the last minute (running late, etc), please contact us. We may be able to reschedule your tour with a small amendment fee depending on availability.
- Due to the religious nature of St. Mark's Basilica, all individuals regardless of gender must cover their shoulders and knees. You can bring extra covering (scarves, etc) to put on just before entering St. Mark's. Walks cannot be held responsible for those denied entry.
- Sites visited during this tour are subject to occasional closures due to holy observances, high tides, and/or flooding. If a site closes, your guide will tour the exterior of the site. If time permits, we will reach out to you prior to your tour. For last-minute closures, modifications may be communicated at the tour start time.
- Most travelers can participate
- Large bags and backpacks cannot be brought into St. Mark's Basilica.
- On certain days there may be a short break between the visit to the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica (never more than one hour). This may extend the overall length of the tour.
- Walks comply with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Italy government guidelines for the most up to date information
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walks - Italy, Spain & Greece
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms