Explore our promoted experiences
- One-hour small group walking tour of St. Mark's Square
- Enter the backwaters of Venice away from the crowds
- Entry to St. Mark's Basilica
- Personalized small group (maximum 25 people)
- English-speaking guide
Departure & Return
15 min before in Calle larga de l’Ascension 1256 - 30124 next to the post office San Marco (opposite side of the Saint Marks Basilica). Look for the yellow sign "Meeting point" on the wooden kiosk. Children are free until 5 years, from 6 they pay the full ticket (document required).
The tour ends outside the Saint Mark's Basilica in piazzetta dei Leoncini in Saint Mark's square
What To Expect
Skip the long lines at St Mark’s Basilica and step inside its Italo-Byzantine splendor. Walk among the intricate mosaics and murals that decorate every surface of the cathedral, and admire the work of generations of Venetian goldsmiths who created the glittering Pala d’Oro, or golden altar (additional expense).
Gaze up at the iconic clock tower in St Mark’s Square and discover the fascinating history of the Doge’s Palace, Sansovino library and the ornate bell tower crowned by a massive winged lion statue. Your guide will entertain you with tales of legendary Venetian figures including Marco Polo and Casanova. At the end of the tour, you’ll have a great orientation to Venice’s central highlights to help you plan further exploration.
Please note: St Mark’s Basilica is occasionally closed to the public due to flooding or special events.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Shoulders and knees must be covered inside the Basilica;
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica;
- This tour operates rain or shine;
- Tour maybe affected in the case of high tides;
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Venice Events srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff