2 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore Carcassonne on a two-hour walking tour. Leave the logistics hassle of driving to your driver, and delve into the city’s rich history on your guided tour starting with the medieval castle walls surrounding the old city. Learn about centuries of bloody history and battles for territory, and marvel at the long history of the Canal du Midi, a link to the Atlantic and the Mediterranean excavated in the 17th century. This tour is ideal for history buffs or anyone wanting to learn more about France's varied past.
- Explore Carcassonne on a 2-hour walking tour and admire the city’s medieval castle walls
- Visit landmarks like Basilica of Saint-Nazaire, and la porte Narbonnaise
- Discover the Canal du Midi, excavated in the 17th century, and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Hassle-free, round-trip transportation form central Toulouse hotels
Saved to wishlist!
Pick up and return at hotel if possible
Services of an English speaking driver
Transportation in a minivan
4 hours tour
Entrance fees to monuments, museums, attractions
Personal insurance and expenses
Meals and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour requires minimum 2 adults to operate
- This tour is not available on 25th of December, 1st of January and 1st of May
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that the infant seats are available upon request, please inform us at the moment of the booking (number and age of the children)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY OPHORUS Excursions Tours in France
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Carcassonne Half DayTour from Toulouse?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Carcassonne Half DayTour from Toulouse?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Carcassonne Half DayTour from Toulouse?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Carcassonne Half DayTour from Toulouse?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Carcassonne Half DayTour from Toulouse
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingToulouseBus Tours - Midi-PyrénéesHistorical Tours - Midi-PyrénéesBus Tours - MontpellierHistorical Tours - MontpellierBus Tours - BordeauxHistorical Tours - BordeauxCategory
Lastours Castles (Châteaux de Lastours)Cabardès Wine RegionSpace City (Cite de l'Espace)Lombrives Cave (Grotte de Lombrives)AeroscopiaBasilica of Our Lady of the Daurade (Notre-Dame de la Daurade)Toulouse Cathedral (Cathedrale St-Etienne)Museum of Augustins (Musée des Augustins)Pont NeufCarcassonne Castle (Cité de Carcassonne)Les Abattoirs MuseumAlbi CathedralBlack Mountains (Montagne Noire)Happy ForestPuymartin Castle (Chateau de Puymartin)