- Private tour of 'The Sound of Music' film locations in Salzburg and Salzkammergut
- Start your day with breakfast inside Schloss Leopoldskron
- See the gazebo at Schloss Hellbrunn, where the lovesick Liesl von Trapp sang 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen'
- Visit the Austrian Lake District of Salzkammergut, stopping for photos at the Mondsee Cathedral
- This tour cannot be booked anywhere else—don’t miss out on this unforgettable experience
Departure & Return
Private tours: pick up & drop off WITHIN the CITY of Salzburg ONLY,. In case you are staying outside from the city of Salzburg: your private tour starts at the Panorama Bus terminal, Mirabell Platz /Hubert Sattler Gasse 1
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After breakfast, travel to the 17th-century palace of Schloss Hellbrunn. Hear the true history of the Von Trapp family from your guide, and see the gazebo where Liesl von Trapp famously sang 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen.'
Continue to the neighborhood of Aigen, home to the real-life Von Trapp family. Take a tour inside Villa Trapp and see where the family choir rehearsed.
Venture to Salzkammergut, a region characterized by stunning mountain landscapes and alpine lakes. Visit the town of St. Gilgen to spot the Schafbergbahn, the mountain railway appearing in the film, and then continue to Mondsee. Pause to admire the town’s crown jewel, the church, which hosted the film’s famous wedding scene.
Return to your Salzburg hotel after a day of sightseeing.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Panorama Tours GmbH
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 'The Sound of Music' Private Tour with Breakfast at Schloss Leopoldskron.