- 4-hour Sound of Music tour with lunch or dinner, from Salzburg
- See filming locations such as Leopoldskron Lake, Leopoldskron Palace, Hellbrunn Castle, Lake Fuschl, St Gilgen, and Mondsee
- Choose from a morning or afternoon departure
- Includes guided bus tour, and lunch or dinner
Departure & Return
The tour departs from the bus terminal at Mirabellplatz, corner Hubert Sattler Gasse 1 (in front of St. Andrew church) Mirabellplatz / 5020 Salzburg
What To Expect
Travel around the city in a climate-controlled bus to see Leopoldskron Lake, where the Trapp children fell into the water while boating, and Leopoldskron Palace, which was used as the exterior of the family's home in the movie. You'll also visit Hellbrunn Castle to view the gazebo seen in the movie during the popular song 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen.'
Drive over to Nonnberg Abbey — the setting for the nuns attending Mass early in the movie. Soak in the picturesque rural scenery as you head out to Lake Fuschl and St Gilgen; you might also sing along to songs such as 'Do-Re-Mi,' 'My Favorite Things,' and ‘Edelweiss.’ Finally, visit the location for Maria and Baron's wedding, filmed at the church in the Mondsee Abbey.
Your 4-hour Sound of Music bus tour ends with return to Mirabellplatz. You can then independently make your way to the s'Herzl Restaurant, located an easy 15-minute walk from the drop-off point. Taste authentic Austrian cuisine from a menu of soup, schnitzel with noodles, and apple strudel.
During the tour, you'll have the opportunity to get off the bus at Leopoldskron Castle, Hellbrunn Castle, St Gilgen, Lake Wolfgang, and Mondsee. Other locations on the itinerary are drive-by only.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Make sure to collect your lunch/dinner voucher after the tour
- You will make your own way to the Herzl Restaurant after the tour; it is about a 15-minute walk away
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Panorama Tours GmbH
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms