- Salzburg Super Saver tour to Austrian lakes, Alps and salt mines
- Take guided sightseeing tours of Salzburg and Austria’s beautiful Lake District
- See Fuschl Castle and Castle Huttenstein, two impressive historic sites
- Enjoy a boat ride on Lake Wolfgang to the picturesque village of St Gilgen
- Admire amazing panoramic views of Salzburg and the Bavarian Alps
- Descend into 450-year-old salt mines with your expert guide
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned coach
Departure & Return
The tour departs from the bus terminal at Mirabellplatz, corner Hubert Sattler Gasse 1 (in front of St. Andrew church) Mirabellplatz / 5020 Salzburg
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Meet your guide in central Salzburg and hop aboard your coach. Venture out to Obersalzberg, where the salt mines sit below the site of Hitler's historic mountainside retreat. Slip on traditional mining wear and descend into the underground world of the grottos, dating back 450 years. Hear about the mines' rich history as you sail along the salt lake with your guide and take a scenic train ride.
After ascending back to the surface, journey to the charming town of Berchtesgaden to wander the local shops and streets. Then head back to central Salzburg to purchase lunch before taking off on your next adventure.
Austrian Lakes and Mountains
After refueling with some food, enjoy a drive through the stunning scenery of the Austrian Alps. Visit the Lake District, considered one of the country’s most beautiful regions and admire the historic Fuschl Castle. Once home to Austrian royalty, the castle now functions as an extravagant hotel.
Continue to St Wolfgang to check out the unique Gothic church. Pause to purchase a beverage at the White Horse Inn Hotel before sailing across Lake Wolfgang on a scenic boat ride.
Debark at St Gilgen, hopping back on your coach and passing Huttenstein Castle and Lake Mondsee. Your day trip will conclude with transportation back to central Salzburg.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- for the salt mine please bring your own mask
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Panorama Tours GmbH
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Salzburg Super Saver: Austrian Lakes, Mountains and Salt Mines.
- "The morning was spent exploring the salt mines on a train, a slide and a raft - great fun!" See review