- See film sites such as Schloss Leopoldskron and Hellbrunn Castle
- Visit Obersalzberg, a mountain enclave that was used by Nazi leaders
- Have time to visit the Eagle’s Nest (or Rossfeld summit in winter), if you wish
- Travel with a private guide for a personalized tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from any hotel in the city of Salzburg, if your hotel or private address (Airbnb etc.) is not in the list, then just mention it and we'll pick you up from there.
What To Expect
Continue to Obersalzberg, the mountain retreat high above the town of Berchtesgaden that was used by Hitler during the days of Nazi rule. From here, you can choose to travel even higher to the Eagle’s Nest on the rocky Kehlstein peak. Transport and entrance fees aren’t included, but the views over Königssee and the Bavarian Alps make the expense worthwhile. The Eagle’s Nest sits at an altitude of 6,000 feet (1,828 meters) and is accessed by bus and elevator. Another option, especially when the access road is closed from November until mid-May, is the less-crowded Rossfeld summit where the von Trapp family hiking scene was filmed.
On your return to Salzburg, pass through the Austrian Lake District, seeing Fuschlsee and St. Gilgen, the birthplace of Mozart’s mother. Call in at a few more Sound of Music film sites such as Lake Wolfgangsee and Mondsee where Maria von Trapp got married. Finally, finish the day with a drop-off at your Salzburg hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY MCM Tours & Travel Salzburg, Austria
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Private Full-Day Tour from Salzburg: The Hills are Alive and Eagle's Nest.