- Private tour of filming locations from the 'Sound of Music' from Salzburg
- Ideal for travelers seeking a personalized and luxurious experience
- Enjoy breakfast in the opulent dining hall of Schloss Leopoldskron
- Hike through landscapes featured in the film and visit the 900-year-old Hohenwerfen Fortress
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Salzburg are included
Departure & Return
Private tours: pick up & drop off WITHIN the CITY of Salzburg ONLY,. In case you are staying outside from the city of Salzburg: your private tour starts at the Panorama Bus terminal, Mirabell Platz /Hubert Sattler Gasse 1
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
In order to sate your morning appetite, stop at Schloss Leopoldskron, an opulent Rococo-style palace renowned for its stucco works, to enjoy breakfast. Then, visit the gazebo located in the gardens of Hellbrunn Palace before proceeding to Werfen, to follow in Maria’s footsteps on 'The Sound of Music' hiking trail.
Absorb magnificent landscapes featured in the opening scenes of the film, recognizing the natural splendor of Alpine peaks and lakes.
On your way back to Salzburg, visit the 900-year-old Hohenwerfen Fortress, featured not on in 'The Sound of Music' but several other famous movies. Your tour culminates by winding down the romantic roads leading to Mondsee, home to the cathedral where the movie’s romantic wedding takes place.
Your tour concludes back at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please specify your preferred departure time in the 'special request' field when booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Panorama Tours GmbH
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Original Sound of Music Full-Day Private Tour.