Explore our promoted experiences
- Independent day trip to Venice from Rome with round-trip train transport
- Explore independently and discover top Venice attractions such as Doge’s Palace at your own pace
- Enjoy skip-the-line entry to the famous St Mark’s Basilica
- Make your way around the city with ease by using a vaporetto ticket
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meeting Point 07.00 at Via Marsala in front of the Bar Caffè Trombetta (Via Marsala, 46/48) Address: Via Marsala, 46/48
Return point: Concludes at Termini Station in Rome at approximately 10:00 PM
What To Expect
When you arrive in Venice, meet a second tour host, who will give you a map and provide tips about what to see and do. Then you’re on your own to explore the city independently. Make your way through the tangled web of campos (squares), calli (narrow streets) and bridges, soaking up the romantic and old-world ambience for which the city is so beloved. Go in search of waterfront shops and restaurants along Riva degli Schiavoni, pose on the Bridge of Sighs, admire the Gothic Doge’s Palace or visit St Mark’s Square.
Make sure to use your skip-the-line ticket at St Mark’s Basilica to admire its gilded mosaics and marble floors, and then perhaps visit San Polo for a piece of more authentic local life, where you can stroll past shops inside old homes and stop by a bàcaro (snack bar) to try Venetian specialties like cicheti (tapas-like small food dishes).
With your vaporetto pass (good for 12 hours, although you won’t be in Venice that long), you can travel easily around the city by water taxi or waterbus, and perhaps take a ride across the iconic Grand Canal. When your time in Venice comes to an end, meet your host at Santa Lucia Station to board the train back to Rome, where your day trip concludes in the late evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line I Love Rome by Carrani Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience