2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore ancient battlefield sites and hear stories from the front line on this 2.5-hour First World War tour in northern France. Head into the Argonne Forest, site of fierce fighting between German and Allied forces during WWI. Discover campsites, trenches and tunnels used by the soldiers. Listen as your guide reads diary entries from French and German fighters serving on the front line, and hear tales of their hardships. See hidden communication posts, field hospital sites and canon bunkers, all interconnected during the war of 1914-1918.
- WWI battlefield tour in northern France
- Walk with a guide to bunkers in the Argonne Forest
- Hear tales of soldiers fighting behind the front line
- Small-group tour ensures personalized attention
any time in daylight is possible. we walk through the forest; in and out trenches; so you need good clothing and shoes. And we start somewhere here, so you need a car to get here.
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
cloths that can get dirty and wet
Departure & Return
2 Rue du Pont, 51800 Servon-Melzicourt, France
at the church
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately for the outdoors; We may get wet and dirty in the trenches and the bunkers; Bring a flashlight if you have one. And you need to be capable to walk in rough terrain.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Promenade 14-18
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during World War I Tour of Northern France; the Argonne Forest?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- "this tour was vigorous and one should be reasonably fit because it requires hiking and climbing, though nothing technical." See review
Product code: 7416P1
Compare Similar Experiences
World War I Tour of Northern France; the Argonne Forest
2 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingReimsNature and Wildlife - ChampagneWalking Tours - ChampagneHistorical Tours - ChampagneCategory