- Day tour to York, Wave Rock, and other geological sites from Perth
- Learn about the pioneer days of Western Australia in the first township founded in the Avon Valley
- See the unusual rock formation Hippo's Yawn
- Marvel at the 50-foot-tall Wave Rock
- Learn about Dreamtime stories and discover Aboriginal sacred sites
- Tuck into an Aussie-style country lunch (included)
- See the wildflowers in bloom between September and November
Departure & Return
CROWN Entertainment Complex Riverside Entrance (in front of McDonalds) at 7.45am. Complimentary hotel pick ups are available on request at time of booking from selected Perth City and Northbridge locations.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
In Hyden, check out Hippo’s Yawn, a rock formation that resembles a yawning hippopotamus, and then sit down to an Aussie Country-Style lunch at the Wildflower Shoppe, and and choose to visit a wildlife park or check out the Antique Lace Collection. After eating, make the drive to Wave Rock, one of Western Australia’s most popular natural landmarks, a 50-foot-tall (15-meter) rock formation that resembles a giant ocean wave.
Next, head to Mulka’s Cave, a large boulder with a hollowed-out, cave-like shape. Then start the drive back to Perth, taking a different route that includes a stop in a country town of for afternoon tea (own expense). If you’re taking this tour during wildflower season (typically September to November), make stops during the day for views and photo opportunities of Western Australia’s renowned wildflowers.
Your day trip ends when you arrive back at your Perth hotel in the late evening.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY ADAMS Pinnacle Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "the journey to wave rock was quite long but it was quite worth it when you reached there wave rock is amazing , lunch as simple but yummy !" See review
- "Wave Rock, good walk around base of rock, as I am not comfortable with heights." See review
- "A really well organised trip, enjoyable from start to finish." See review