- Rottnest ferry same-day round-trip ticket, from Fremantle or Perth
- Includes the Rottnest Island Authority Fee
- Relax on the scenic 25-minute ferry ride from Fremantle to Rottnest Island
- Choose to spend your time as you like on Rottnest Island, enjoying the beaches, walking trails, bicycling and water sports
- Look for wildlife such as quokka (a marsupial known as the kangaroo rat) and a New Zealand fur seal colony
- Rent snorkel gear, surfboards, paddleboards, bikes and other equipment (own expense) on the island
Departure & Return
Ferry departs from Barrack Street jetty at 8:45am. We recommend arriving 30 minutes before departure.
Ferry departs B Shed at 9:30am. We recommend arriving 30 minutes before departure.
If you have selected a hotel pick up, please contact Rottnest Express directly to confirm your hotel pick up time.
What To Expect
When you arrive, you are free to explore the island—and its 63 beaches and 20 bays—however you wish. There are plenty of spots to get wet with a swim, snorkel, stand-up paddleboard or surf, or just relax on the sand and watch yachts bobbing in the water. The most popular activity for visitors is renting a bike on the island to cruise leisurely along the scenic roads, where no cars are allowed. If you’re interested in history, check out sites like Lomas Cottage, Rottnest Island Museum, Pilot Boathouse or the Salt Store and Exhibition Centre. And don’t forget to keep your eyes open for wildlife, particularly the island’s native quokkas. (All entrance fees, activities, rentals, food and drinks are at your own expense.)
At the end of your full day on the island, head back to Fremantle or Perth on the return ferry.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 400 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rottnest Express
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff