Explore our promoted experiences
- Guided tour of the Paris Catacombs
- Take a narrated walking tour of the fascinating underground labyrinth of tombs
- Hear the story behind the Catacombs from your informative guide
- Skip the line and head straight in with your guide at this popular attraction
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Hear stories about how the Paris Catacombs were built as a massive underground cemetery, housing the bones of roughly six million people since the 18th century. Paris' dead were moved en masse from existing cemeteries to the Catacombs from 1786 to 1788. By the early 19th century, the Catacombs had already started to attract tourist attention.
You have plenty of chances to ask questions of your guide as you walk through the tunnels. It's a unique opportunity to see a side of Paris most people miss.
After touring the Catacombs, the tour comes to an end back at street level when you climb back up the stairs where you started the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Exact meeting time will be informed in the tour confirmation.
- Due to limited capacity at the Catacombs the tour must start on time. The guide will not wait for you if you are late, even if you call in advance.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible; there are 130 steps below ground to enter the Catacombs and 83 steps to climb up to exit, and there is no elevator
- Not advisable for anyone with cardiac or respiratory weakness, nervous disease or tendencies towards claustrophobia
- Not advisable for infants or young children
- No restrooms or cloakrooms at the Catacombs
- The temperature remains at 57°F (14°C) inside the Catacombs; dressing warmly is recommended
- The tour is only valid on the date stated on the voucher
- Please be aware that at busy times there may be a long queue to enter the Catacombs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY A Taste of Paris (Voyages LLC)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Paris Catacombs Skip The Line Walking Guided Tour.
- "Note it's a spiral staircase to go down and up, also it's dusty/wet in the catacombs so wear appropriate shoes." See review
- "Since the facility can only accommodate 200 people at once, the wait can be long." See review
- "This tour is worth the time and money as you get to see certain parts of the catacombs that you don't get to see on a self guided tour." See review