2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Learn how the Marias was transformed from a favorite haunt of nobility into one of Paris’s most chic and edgy neighborhoods on a private walking tour. Trace the history of this multifaceted district that's alternatively been the city's aristocratic haven, Jewish quarter, working-class slum, and now a destination for fine art, high fashion, and gourmet dining. Connect sights like Place de Vosges and the Pletzel area to the artistic and cultural heritage of the Marais as a private guide shares local anecdotes and hidden treasures.
- Private, 2-hour walking tour of the Le Marais neighborhood in Paris
- Learn the history behind Paris's most fashionable and artsy district
- See highlights including Place de Vosges, Les Halles, and the Pletzel former Jewish quarter
- Admire mansions once lived in by nobility
- Led by an art historian guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Price is per group, up to six people
Saved to wishlist!
Professional art historian guide
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Paris in person
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Le Marais Private Walking Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Le Marais Private Walking Tour?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Le Marais Private Walking Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Le Marais Private Walking Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingParisWalking Tours - Île-de-FranceHistorical Tours - Île-de-FranceWalking Tours - Marne-la-ValléeHistorical Tours - Marne-la-ValléeWalking Tours - BloisHistorical Tours - BloisCategory
Beauvais–Tillé Airport (BVA) Tours & TicketsTrocadéro Tours & TicketsGare du Nord Tours & TicketsArmy Museum (Musee de l'Armee) Tours & TicketsMusée de l'Orangerie Tours & TicketsMundolingua Museum of Languages (Mundolingua Musée des Langues) Tours & TicketsAquaboulevard Tours & TicketsMontmartre Cemetery Tours & TicketsJardin d'Acclimatation Tours & TicketsAir and Space Museum Tours & TicketsLa Madeleine Tours & TicketsMuseum of Fairground Arts (Musée des Arts Forains) Tours & TicketsLes Invalides Tours & TicketsCentre Pompidou Tours & TicketsMuseum of Jewish Art and History (Musée d’Art et d’Histoire du Judaïsme) Tours & TicketsSaint Étienne du Mont Tours & TicketsRiver Seine Tours & TicketsHotel de Ville Tours & TicketsNotre-Dame Cathedral Towers (Tours de la Cathédrale Notre-Dame) Tours & TicketsRue Mouffetard Market Tours & Tickets