- Culinary experience in Milan including market trip, cooking class and lunch
- Learn about authentic Italian home cooking in a private home
- Discover how to make perfect fresh pasta or gnocchi
- Cook typical Italian dishes such as spezzatino (beef stew), saltimbocca alla romana (veal with prosciutto and sage) and cotoletta alla milanese (breaded veal cutlet)
- Dine on a sumptous 4-course feast accompanied by two glasses of fine wine
- Receive a diploma and recipe book to take home
Departure & Return
Starting point: Piazza 6 (VI) Febbraio, 22 - 20145 Milano Number 22 of Piazza VI Febbraio is next to the coffee shop “L’altro bar”. Press “Cook in Milano” on the intercom and take the A stairs on the left, then take the elevator (or walk) to the sixth floor.
What To Expect
Back at the chef's home, start by learning how to make fresh pasta or gnocchi. Learn how to mix and kneed dough to try to get the consistency just right. Next up: learn how to cook a traditional Italian meat dish. On this day it might be spezzatino (beef stew) or saltimbocca alla Romana (veal with prosciutto and sage)
Finally, it’s time for something sweet. Depending on the availability of ingredients and the seasons, the dessert might be gelato, a fruit tart or the sweet pudding of crème caramel.
After everything has been prepared, it’s the best part: sit down to eat! The meal is paired with two glasses of delicious Italian wine. End the lunch with an espresso, like any Italian would. While your experience concludes after lunch, you’ll get to take home a recipe leaflet and a diploma as evidence of your new culinary skills. Click on the "view additional information" button to see an example of the menu.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- For your safety, you are strongly advised to wear comfortable closed-toe shoes (no flip flops or high heels)
- Please do not wear jewelry (particularly rings, watches and bracelets) and, if possible, no nail polish
- Minimum age for kitchen admission is 8 years
- Vegetarian and gluten free option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Cooking requires standing most of the time
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cook in Milano
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.