- Descend into beautiful Škocjan Caves, one of the largest Karst caves in Europe
- Cruise along Slovenia’s coastline, gawking at the seaside villages that dot the shore
- Hangout in Piran, a handsome medieval town on the Adriatic Sea
- Small-group tour with numbers limited to eight people
Departure & Return
Departure PointLjubljana, Ljubljana, Upper Carniola Region
Traveler pickup is offered
We also pick up travelers in front of Hotel InterContinental Ljubljana, Levstikov trg and STIC - Slovenian Tourist Information Centre (Address: Krekov Trg 10, with a big red and green WOW sign in front of it)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then cruise about 40 minutes to visit one of the natural treasures of the planet, Škocjan Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Listen as your guide explains why this underground canyon is a one of few natural phenomena in the world. Before continuing on, stop for break and savor some local prosciutto paired with a glass of Slovenian wine (own expense).
Now, continue to charming Lipica* and delve into an equestrian experience. Visit the famous white Lipizzaners and gain insight into the oldest European stud farm producing the oldest cultural horse breeds.
From here, it’s 28 green miles to the coast and Piran. Wander the cobblestone streets of this medieval village and discover its alluring squares and coastal vantage points. Pick a restaurant in town and enjoy local fish specialties (own expense) or grab a swim in the sapphire blue Adriatic Sea. Dry off and buckle up for a ride back to your hotel Ljubljana.
*Note: the visit to the Lipizzaner horses in Lipica is not possible during winter (November to March) Horses are kept in the stables during the cold season and are not accessible to visitors during that time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a swimsuit
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Roundabout Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Skocjan Caves, Lipica & Piran: Karst & Coast Small-Group Day Trip from Ljubljana.