- Ride through the Lake Mead Recreation Area
- Take the optional Discovery Tour for a chance to see inside the dam (at own expense)
- All equipment, professional guide, bottled water and lunch is included
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off from select Las Vegas hotels
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Disembark to meet your local adventure guide and get fitted for a bike and safety equipment. Listen to an orientation of the area and a safety briefing before hopping on your bike and heading down the trail. This beginner-friendly trail includes a relaxed, downhill ride toward Lake Mead. Listen as your guide points out local desert plant and animal life, and keep your eyes peeled for bighorn sheep. Be sure to bring your camera, as the group will pause a few times at scenic lookouts for photo ops.
Stop to explore the Lake Mead Visitors Center, then head off down to the shores of Lake Mead and jump in if the weather is warm. Back on the trailhead, enter a series of tunnels that were once used to transport concrete used in the dam's construction.
At the Hoover Dam, dismount your bike and take some time to explore the Visitors Center or sign up for the Discovery Tour (own expense). Stroll around the magnificent structure and admire the views of the Colorado River. Then enjoy a boxed lunch and climb back in to your vehicle for transportation back to Las Vegas and drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Children 17 years and under must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver to participate
- Closed-toe shoes are required. Sandals or high heels are not allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- No travelers under the age of 14
- A hearty boxed lunch is included. Your options are: Ham; Turkey, BLT, PB&J, or Chef Salad.
- WE OFFER A DIFFERENT REFUND POLICY THAN VIATORS. PLEASE READ! Cancellations made 14 days in advance will receive a full refund less 6% processing fee. Cancellations made within 7-13 will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations made within 3-6 will receive a 25% refund. There are no refunds within 48 of departure. We reserve the right to cancel or change routes due to weather, road closures, or unsafe conditions. If we do, we will reschedule, issue a credit or refund payments depending on individual circumstances. Any changes in date or time may incur a rescheduling fee.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Desert Adventures
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands