- Independent Rome shore excursion with a private driver
- See top Rome attractions such as the Colosseum, the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain
- Visit the Vatican Museums, and admire Michelangelo's ceiling painting The Creation of Adam
- Explore St Peter's Square, home to the iconic St Peter's Basilica
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary and customize your own sightseeing trip
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
The driver will be waiting for you, holding a sign with the lead traveller name on it, on the pier where your ship is docked.
- Civitavecchia Port
What To Expect
Perhaps visit the Vatican Museums to admire some of the most treasured works of art on Earth, such as Renaissance pieces by Raphael and Michelangelo’s legendary frescoes that adorn the Sistine Chapel, including The Creation of Adam. Walk around St Peter’s Square, and check out St Peter’s Basilica, the largest catholic church in the world, home to more Renaissance art like Michaelangelo’s La Pietà sculpture.
Maybe you want to immerse yourself in Ancient Rome by visiting the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Arch of Constantine and Palatine Hill. Drive by Circus Maximums, and marvel at the imposing design of the Pantheon. For a look at Rome’s most beautiful and romantic attractions, you’ll want to walk through the historical center to find the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Piazza Navona. Don’t forget to take a break to enjoy the most pleasurable of Italian activities—eating and drinking at a sunny sidewalk café.
When your time in Rome is up, rest your feet on the drive back to Civitavecchia.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Civitavecchia port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please note that the Vatican Museums are closed on Sundays (except the last Sunday of the month).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We can accommodate people with their own foldable wheelchair, only if advised at time of reservation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Prestige Rent
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Civitavecchia Shore Excursion: Independent Rome Day Trip.