- Day trip to Sighişoara, Rupea Fortress and Viscri church from Brașov
- Enjoy a walking tour of the medieval town of Sighişoara and see highlights such as the Citadel and Church on the Hill
- Explore Viscri church, one of Transylvania's UNESCO-listed fortified churches
- Travel through the timeless Transylvanian countryside and learn about its history
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Your first stop is the 14th-century village of Viscri, built by Saxon colonists. As you approach, admire the impressive whitewashed walls and red-roofed towers that surround the village, designed to protect early inhabitants from invading Turks. Wander the rustic streets of the town and visit its UNESCO World Heritage-listed church (own expense).
Continue on to the remarkably well-preserved Sighişoara, so rich in history that the entire village is a UNESCO site. Hear about the medieval town’s legendary former resident Vlad the Impaler, a Wallachian prince and warlord who inspired Bram Stoker’s fictional character Dracula. Enjoy free time to explore Sighişoara’s cobblestoned streets, bell tower and citadel on your own, and visit a café to purchase lunch if you wish.
Finally, visit the hilltop Rupea Fortress, which was built for defense in the 1300s and later repurposed as a Saxon village in the 18th century. Head inside the walls for a guided tour (own expense), and enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding countryside before the return drive to Brașov.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Sighisoara: Monday all sites are closed!
- Minimum booking numbers apply (2 pax). If you would like to join as 1 person please note that the price for 2 is be applicable
- Dress warmly: Sturdy and waterproof shoes, and rain jackets recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Small group tour
- Note: Viscri Fortified Church is closed till 1st of February 2020. We visit other site, instead (the guide will inform you about the options).
- Most travelers can participate
- Please bring your own mask; we provide hand sanitizer. We are cleaning vehicles after every tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Active Travel Day Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands