- Private day trip to the Piatra Craiului National Park from Brasov
- Customize the walking route of this private tour according to your fitness level and ability
- Visit a Jurassic cave inhabited by bats and sample handmade cheese at one of Transylvania's oldest guesthouses
- Experience the beauty of the Carpathian mountains on a hike
- Lunch and round-trip transport from Brasov hotels are included
Departure & Return
The History Museum entrance. Complimentary pick-up from Brasov!
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Continue on to see the natural splendors of Piatra Craiului National Park. During a scenic 45-minute drive, your guide discusses your hiking route options and decides on a course suitable for your fitness level and hiking experience.
The first stop is Lilicilor Cave, a Jurassic cavern inhabited by hundreds of bats. Admire limestone formations and gaze at the endangered bats that reside in the cave’s crevices.
Then, embark on a moderate hike that takes you through the dramatic landscapes of Piatra Craiului National Park: see mist-shrouded pine forests, meadows filled with grazing sheep, ice-capped gorges, and traditional mountain villages.
After working up an appetite, stop at the oldest guesthouse in the national park to sample handmade cheese and feast on a hearty lunch. Enjoy farm-fresh ingredients and opt to purchase wine or beer as a welcome reward.
Following a further one hour of walking, return to the vehicle and bid your guide farewell after hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress warmly: Sturdy and waterproof hiking shoes and warm clothes recommended
- Route may be changed without notice due to weather conditions
- Important note about Pestera and Magura Village - in those 2 villages the people never died because of cancer or heart attack - they leave an healthy life: working the land, taking care of animals (sheep and cows), preparing and eating home made food from their small farm (meat, eggs, milk), drinking fresh water from the spring and home made alcoholic drink called "tuica" made from different fruits as apples, plums, pears!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- The cheese tasting and lunch are taking place at one of the gueshouses in the area.
- Minimum 2 people. If you are single you pay as for 2.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please bring your own mask; we provide hand sanitizer. We are cleaning vehicles after every tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Active Travel Day Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands