Top South East Ireland Attractions & Museums
Saved to wishlist!
6 results | All South East Ireland Tours
Go behind the scenes and gain a better understanding of the time and work that goes into crystal making on this tour of the House of Waterford Crystal factory. Your guide explains the step-by-step process of crystal making, as you wander the rooms where different techniques are used along the way. Meet a few of the high-end crystal makers, and visit the retail store where you can explore one of the world’s largest displays of Waterford Crystals.
Follow in the wake of lighthouse-keepers through the centuries with admission to the Hook Lighthouse on southeast Ireland’s Hook Peninsula. Travel independently to the building — a beacon for Waterford Harbour for over 800 years — and the world’s oldest working lighthouse. Then, enjoy a tour of the medieval tower: climbing the well-trodden stairs, hearing about past keepers, and admiring panoramic views from the balcony. Includes entry to the visitor center with its exhibits, shops, and café.
Learn the history of Waterford through the Middle Ages and beyond with this Medieval Museum entry ticket. Head to the center of the Waterford Viking Triangle, to the impressive Medieval Museum. During your visit, explore the 13th-century Choristers’ Hall and the 15th-century Mayor’s Wine Vault, and head underground where ancient vaults await. Marvel at some of Europe’s rarest medieval treasures alongside clothing dating back to King Henry VIII’s reign. Explore the site at your leisure, follow a costumed guide or simply use your audio guide — the choice is yours.
Explore the Wild Atlantic Way by private car during this full-day tour to see the Cliffs of Moher. Get picked up at the address of your choice and set out on a tour to experience the best of the west of Ireland. In addition to seeing the famous Cliffs of Moher from the top, climb aboard a boat in the village of Doolin to admire the cliffs from below. See castles, rugged landscapes, the River Shannon, and more during this private tour.
Explore Waterford’s rich Georgian history and heritage with this Bishop’s Palace Museum entry ticket. Step inside the magnificent museum, then follow a costumed guide or simply use your audio guide to explore at your leisure. During your visit, admire 18th- to 20th-century treasures including Napoleon Bonaparte’s Mourning Cross, glinting Waterford crystal, period furniture and rare paintings alongside beautiful silver and glassware. Follow the city’s fortunes from 1700 to the late 20th century, and gain insight into stories of local significance including the War of Independence in Waterford.
Get away from the hustle and bustle, and immerse yourself in nature, with a visit to County Waterford’s Lafcadio Hearn Japanese Gardens. Named in honor of the Irish journalist Patrick Lafcadio Hearn, who spent many years in Japan, the gardens trace the story of his life: from its classic Victorian Garden up to the traditional Japanese Gardens. Secure your admission in advance, and choose between a self-guided or guided tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Attractions & Museums in South East Ireland?
The best Attractions & Museums in South East Ireland according to Viator travelers are:
- House of Waterford Crystal Guided Factory Tour
- Skip the Line: Hook Lighthouse Entrance Ticket and Guided Tour
- Skip the Line: Waterford Treasures Medieval Museum Admission Ticket
- Cliffs of Moher including Cliffs of Moher Boat Experience Luxury Car Tour
- Skip the Line: Bishop's Palace Museum Admission Ticket
What Attractions & Museums in South East Ireland are 1 hour or less?
Attractions & Museums in South East Ireland that are 1 hour or less are:
What Attractions & Museums in South East Ireland are taking additional safety precautions?
These South East Ireland experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
- Things to do in Kilkenny
- Things to do in South West Ireland
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Cobh
- Things to do in Cork
- Things to do in Dublin
- Things to do in Shannon
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in West Midlands
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in East of England
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets