Victoria Eugenia Theatre (Teatro Victoria Eugenia)
Celebrated Spanish architect Francisco de Urcola designed the theater in 1912, embellishing the facade with the era’s trademark plateresque motifs and four groups of sculptures symbolizing opera, tragedy, comedy, and drama. Take in a show as part of a multi-day tour during which you explore the city at your own pace. Independent tours often include accommodations, vouchers for shows, and admission to attractions such as the Aquarium.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Victoria Eugenia Theater is an ideal spot for theater lovers.
- Tickets to shows can be purchased online or directly from the theater’s box office.
- As there are no numbered seats, it’s first come, first serve.
- Doors open 45 minutes before concerts.
- All entrances are wheelchair accessible and special seats are reserved in row 14.
- A 20% discount applies to the seats and for a companion.
How to Get There
Victoria Eugenia Theater is located on Paseo de la República Argentina in San Sebastian’s most central zone. Find the main entrance on the side facing the Urumea River. Walk from any point in Old town or take any of the city's main bus lines to Plaza de Gipuzkoa. If you are driving, there are three car parks nearby.
When to Get There
The theater puts on axa0 varied and continually changing program throughout the year. The box office hours are from the morning until the evening. San Sebastian is a year-round destination, with peak season lasting from June to mid-September.
Queen Victoria Eugenia Born Princess of Battenberg, Victoria Eugenia’s childhood was spent in Queen Victoria’s Scottish household. And, despite her father’s dubious lineage and her Protestant religion, King Alfonso XIII convinced his family she was a suitable bride. Things got off to a rough start when an anarchist threw a bomb at their wedding carriage (the couple was unharmed), and later, when two of their sons were born with hemophilia from their mother, the king shamed her with affairs and illegitimate children.
- Things to do in Basque Country
- Things to do in Bilbao
- Things to do in Santander
- Things to do in Bordeaux
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Segovia
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in Barcelona
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in Toledo
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Aquitaine
- Things to do in Aragón
- Constitution Square (Plaza de la Constitución)
- San Sebastian Old Town (Parte Vieja Donostiarra)
- San Telmo Museum (STM)
- Monte Urgull
- Buen Pastor Cathedral
- San Sebastián Aquarium
- La Concha Beach (Playa de la Concha)
- Santa Clara Island (Isla de Santa Clara)
- Miramar Palace (Palacio de Miramar)
- Ondarreta Beach (Playa de Ondarreta)
- Monte Igueldo