Top Salzburg Extreme Sports
23 results | All Salzburg Tours
* A traveler said: "This trip was worth the money. We did the full day trip and we enjoyed our Guide Walter, he was knowledgeable and funny. We enjoyed skipping the lines at the Eagles nest (be sure to have cash they don't accept credit cards). Lunch felt rushed the recommended restaurant took too long to serve us, we barely finished our food. The kids (8,10,18) really enjoyed the salt mines. One of the workers at the gift shop refused to let us in because we weren't wearing FFP2 masks while she was not wearing one either -when I mentioned it she got very rude and said she could cause she worked there! Don't understand her logic but I'm probably better off without their overpriced tourist crap anyway. Ended the tour at kings lake-just beautiful! I'd definitely recommend this tour!!"
* A traveler said: "The tour was a ton of fun. My wife and I had a lot of fun in the mines. We stopped in Berchtesgaden for a coffee/snack break after the mines. It is a very nice little old town. Our tour guide Michelle was great and we enjoyed ourselves the whole time."
* A traveler said: "As others have said, these are 2 different trips. The morning was spent exploring the salt mines on a train, a slide and a raft - great fun! The afternoon trip to lake Wolfgang was beautiful. Quaint little villages and stunning scenery."
* A traveler said: "This experience was the highlight of my time in Salzburg and my instructor did a phenomenal job. Salzburg is the perfect place to paraglide."
* A traveler said: "The whole tour was fantastic. We had a private tour to the eagles nest and we had a great experience. The vehicle was clean and in good condition, sites were serene and the guide was knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor."
* A traveler said: "The hike was great! Claudio knew a lot of history and I enjoyed the learning experience. The view was wonderful."
* A traveler said: "This was our first Private Tour using Viator. We have used Viator extensively, taking over 15 tours. Given this was a Private Tour, it was expensive. Really didn't know what to expect. Well, it was a GREAT experience. Viator used a local company called Salzburg Private Tours, which was somewhat confusing because I didn't understand that it was a company name at first. Anyway, our Guide/Driver, named Carlos (from Portugal) was simply AWESOME! He promptly showed up to pick us up at our hotel in a Mercedes Van (new and well maintained). He was polite, professional and extremely knowledgeable about the history of Salzburg. On our journey to the Ice Caves (first stop), he shared his tremendous knowledge with us. Based on experience, we started with the Ice Caves to avoid the crowds and that was really smart. We were one of the first groups (second one) to tour the caves that day. When we came out, there were a lot of people queued up to get in. Then we went to the Waterfalls (Golling). It was a nice, short excursion. Nothing spectacular, but nice. Then on to the the Salt Mines. Again, their experience paid off as they took us to a salt mine that was in Austria and not the one used by major tour companies. didn't have to wait in line. Everything was perfectly timed and scheduled. He gave us flexibility to make any changes. We added a stop (on his recommendation) to take a Luge/ Toboggan run. That was a lot of fun. GREAT EXPERIENCE. HIGHLY RECOMMEND."
* A traveler said: "We had the best tour guide which makes or breaks a tour. The Werfen Ice Caves were worth every penny. Beautiful views. Wear warm clothes! Private tours are the way to go. We definitely recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "This is an excellent tour. If you only have a short time in Salzburg then you must take this tour. Our guide was interesting and knowledgeable and while we only had a short time there, our guide made sure we had a great overall tour seeing the highlights of Salzburg. We plan to go back and stay a couple of days next time. It is a beautiful city."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Salzburg Zoo
- National Park Hohe Tauern
- Panorama Museum
- Cathedral Museum (Dommuseum)
- Werfen Ice Caves (Eisriesenwelt)
- Salzburg Museum
- Museum of Modern Art Salzburg Rupertinum (Museum der Moderne Rupertinum)
- St. Peter's Abbey (Stift Sankt Peter)
- Georg Trakl Memorial (Traklhouse)
- Salzburg Old Market (Alter Markt)
- Large Festival Hall (Grosses Festspielhaus)
- Museum of Modern Art Salzburg Mönchsberg (Museum der Moderne am Mönchsberg)
- Mozart’s Birthplace (Mozarts Geburtshaus)
- Salzburg Marionette Theatre (Marionettentheater)
- Hohenwerfen Fortress (Erlebnisburg Hohenwerfen)
- Hohensalzburg Fortress (Festung Hohensalzburg)
- Michael Haydn Museum
- Things to do in Austrian Alps
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Things to do in Bled
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Venice
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Bavaria