Some of the best hiking near Palm Springs—and in the deserts of California—can be found at Indian Canyons, which is located at the western edge of Palm Springs. The land is owned and protected by the Agua Caliente Cahuilla Indians, who settled in the Palm Springs area centuries ago. Today, these people diligently care for the trails and invite visitors from near and far to experience the stunning desert scenery.
There are three primary hikes in the Indian Canyons: Palm Canyon, Andreas Canyon and Murray Canyon. All three are thought to be easy to moderate trips, but more advanced hikers can combine different hikes and take small paths with greater elevation gains up the mountains. Some of the features of the hikes include waterfalls, panoramic views and of course, the sprawling desert landscapes. All of the trails are clearly marked.
Tours and tickets to Experience Indian Canyons
What are Indian Canyons hours of operation?
Should I book Indian Canyons tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Indian Canyons 2021?
What's the best way to experience Indian Canyons?
- Palm Springs Indian Canyons Bike and Hike
- Indian Canyons Walking Tour by Jeep from Palm Springs
- Indian Canyons Walking Tour by Jeep from Palm Desert
- Private 10-hour tour to Palm Springs from Los Angeles - Hotel pick up
Things to do near Palm Springs
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Nevada