Things to Do in Milan This Fall
Milan hits its stride in the fall, when the city fills with fashionistas from across the globe for Fashion Week and mild temperatures keep the outdoor cafés and clubs packed with sophisticated urbanites far past midnight. If you’re planning an autumn trip to Milan, here’s how best to fill your days (and nights).
- Take advantage of the cooler temperatures to explore the city’s highlights on foot as part of a Milan walking tour.
- Admire the clear view across Milan to the Alpine peaks on the horizon from the rooftop terrace of Milan Cathedral (Duomo).
- Explore one of the trendiest neighborhoods in the city and its flourishing culinary scene with a Brera food tour.
- Indulge in a relaxing soak at a chic urban spa, followed by a cocktail to toast the city’s aperitivo tradition.
- Duck out of a sudden fall rainstorm by taking in Milan’s top sights with a hop-on-hop-off-bus tour.
- Join the vibrant nightlife along Milan’s historic canals during an evening walking tour in the Navigli district.
- Imbibe some of the best regional labels with a wine tasting in a city enoteca (wine shop).
- Discover where those in the know shop on a fashion tour of Milan’s hottest boutiques.
- Escape the city with a day trip to Lake Como during the most picturesque season of the year.
- Pay homage to one of Milan’s most treasured local traditions by taking an aperitivo tour of the city.