Leonardo3 focuses on Leonardo as Renaissance man, both engineer and artist. Some of the physical models on display have never been built before, and all are constructed according to Leonardo's illuminated drawings. In addition, the exhibit includes a digital restoration ofThe Last Supper and a number of musical instruments. You can explore the museum independently or with the help of an audio guide in English, and there are a number of hands-on displays and touch screens that further explain the machines and models.
A visit to this engaging exhibition is easily combined with a tour of Milan's most famous sights, including the Milan Cathedral (Duomo di Milano) and Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco). Leonardo3 is also one of the museums included in the Milano Card pass.
Recent reviews from experiences in Milan
Things to Know Before You Go
With its engaging, interactive collection, Leonardo3 is a fun stop for both kids and adults.
The museum is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
The mechanically minded are especially fascinated by the extensive collection of working machines and models.
There is a small gift shop selling Leonardo-themed souvenirs.
How to Get There
The Leonardo3 exhibit is in Piazza della Scala, at the entrance of Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II right in the center of Milan.
When to Get There
This indoor museum is the perfect place to spend a few hours on one of Milan's famously scorching afternoons in the summer or blustery days in the winter.
The exhibition includes a number of Leonardo's flying machines, a submarine, time machine, mechanical dragonfly, rapid-fire crossbow, mechanical eagle, and mechanical lion.
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
- La Scala Opera House (Teatro alla Scala)
- Piazza Mercanti
- Milan Duomo
- Poldi Pezzoli Museum (Museo Poldi Pezzoli)
- Fidenza Village
- Museo del Novecento
- Royal Palace of Milan (Palazzo Reale di Milano)
- Church of Santa Maria at San Satiro (Chiesa di Santa Maria presso San Satiro)
- Piazza Fontana
- Codex Atlanticus
- Quadrilatero d'Oro
- Via Monte Napoleone
- Ambrosiana Museum and Library (Veneranda Biblioteca Ambrosiana)
- Via della Spiga
- Skip the Line for the Last Supper
- All Milan Skip the Line Tours
- Shopping in Milan
- Milan in 3 Days
- Lake Day Trips from Milan
- Romantic Things To Do in Milan
- Venice Day Trips from Milan
- Top Nightlife Experiences in Milan
- Milan Neighborhood Guide
- Top Parks and Gardens in Milan
- Swiss Alps Tours from Milan
- Milan for Art Lovers