Las Vegas Springs Preserve
For a quick nature fix, Springs Preserve’s location inside the Las Vegas city limits makes it an easy visit compared with other outdoor areas like the Red Rock Canyon or Valley of Fire State Park. Walk or cycle along 3.5 miles (5.5 kilometers) of trails, enjoy a 20-minute narrated train ride, see desert wildlife, discover archaeological sites, learn about how this area was settled, visit the Nevada State Museum, and tour a solar-powered home.
Things to know before you go
- The preserve is wheelchair accessible with the exception of a few unpaved portions of the trails.
- You cannot bring your own bike, scooter, or skateboard into the preserve; to cycle along the trails, bike rentals are available.
- There is a café on-site; you may not bring in your own food or drinks except water.
- Make sure to bring or wear plenty of sun protection, as well as insect repellent and shoes for walking.
How to get there
Springs Preserve is located at the intersection of South Valley View Boulevard and Alta Drive, about 3 miles (5 kilometers) west of downtown Las Vegas and 5 miles (8 kilometers) north of the Bellagio. Buses #104 and 207 stop near the entrance into the preserve. Parking is available on site.
When to get there
The preserve is open daily from morning to early evening; hours vary for the museum, cafe, and some other attractions. Many events take place throughout the year, from gardening workshops to temporary shows such as Extreme Parrots. Annual events like the Spring Plants Sale, Blues and Brews Festival, Black History Month Festival, and Haunted Harvest draw locals and visitors.
Nevada State Museum
Located on the grounds of Springs Preserve and included with admission, the Nevada State Museum features exhibits about the geology, natural history, and cultural history of the state. You can see the state fossil known as the ichthyosaur; browse displays about American Indians, pioneers, miners, and ranchers; and learn about the Hoover Dam and the origins of Las Vegas.
- Nevada State Museum
- Rick's Restorations
- Count's Kustoms
- A Special Memory Wedding Chapel
- Stratosphere Hotel and Casino
- Battlefield Vegas
- Chapel of the Flowers
- Stratosphere Tower
- Binion's Gambling Hall
- Dig This Las Vegas
- Fremont Street Experience
- Circus Circus Hotel & Casino
- Gold and Silver Pawn Shop (Home of Pawn Stars)
- Graceland Wedding Chapel
- Four Queens Casino