Top Lake Bolsena Cultural Tours
Saved to wishlist!
2 results | All Lake Bolsena Tours
Learn the story of Jewish families that moved to Pitigliano in 16 th century attracted by the tolerance policy of the noble Orsini family for building a synagogue, a school, banks, a cemetery and many shops. In 1600 Florence created a ghetto, but the relationships between Jews and catholic were never so bad and the conditions never miserable as in other Italian ghettos. Later the situation change favorably for the Jews, and the ghetto was closed, so in the 1800 the Jewish population reached the 12% of the citizens and Pitigliano became known as the Little Jerusalem. Enjoy the tour of the restorated synagogue,and ghetto. Visit the new museum that offers the possibility to discover this amazing unique place. The rooms of the ghetto were excavated underground, in the soft tufa rock, with windows open in the cliff, and is possible visit the ritual bath, Mikveh, the oven for unleavened, the textile dye work, the kosher wine cellar and the slaughterhouse, in addition to the synagogue.
The imposing castle, which belonged to the Aldobradeschi family first and then to the Orsini family, dominates the village that arises from the tuff cliff on the river Lente. A network of alleys that descend to overlook the valley, the extraordinary ancient Jewish quarter (closed on Saturdays), the deep cellars dug under the streets, the Etruscan gate, the hidden corners of the Fratta district, welcome the visitor dazzled by the incredible famous panorama of Pitigliano. We will also visit the extraordinary cave roads excavated by the Etruscans in the surroundings of Pitigliano and we will try to discover the secret of their origin.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What Cultural Tours in Lake Bolsena are taking additional safety precautions?
These Lake Bolsena experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Cultural Tours in Lake Bolsena are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Lake Bolsena may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Chianti
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Livorno
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Ravenna
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Tuscany
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets