The ancient Greek city of Priene is in modern-day Turkey, but its Greek roots are clearly visible in the excavations you can visit. The remains of the city of Priene we can see today date back to the 4th century B.C.E., but it’s widely known among archaeologists that the original Priene settlement is much older. How much older, they can’t say - those remains are likely still buried - but it’s possible the original city was established before 1000 B.C.E.
One of the main attractions at Priene is the Temple to Athena, situated at the highest point of the old city. Other sights in the excavations include a theater, the agora, a city council building called a “bouleuterion,” a gymnasium with Roman baths, and a Temple of Demeter.
Tours and tickets to Experience Priene
What are Priene hours of operation?
Should I book Priene tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Priene 2021?
What's the best way to experience Priene ?
- Priene & Miletos & Didyma Tour from Kusadasi /w SKIP THE LINE TICKETS
- Kusadasi Port to Ephesus, Doganbey Village, Priene, Artemis, Gazibegendi Hill
- Day Tour - Priene Miletus Didyma Tour from Kusadasi
- Priene Miletos Didyma Tour From Kusadasi / Selcuk Hotels
Things to do near Kusadasi
- Things to do in Turkish Riviera
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Kos
- Things to do in Muğla
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Rhodes
- Things to do in Sarigerme
- Things to do in Ios
- Things to do in Fethiye
- Things to do in Santorini
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Things to do in Dodecanese