Pergamon (Pergamum) Tours and Activities
Pergamon (Pergamum) is an ancient city dating as far back as the 5th century BC. Credited with the invention of parchment, this once great seat of learning and culture had a library with over 20,000 volumes and a medical center - the remains of which can still be seen today.
Listed in the Bible as one of the Seven Churches of Asia, Pergamon flourished until the 14th century when, under Ottoman rule, it was abandoned and left to decay. Today, much of the remains of this once magnificent city lie underneath the modern-day city of Bergama but, thanks to Pergamon’s hilltop position, the remains of its most important buildings are still visible.
The Acropolis of Pergamon is clearly visible from anywhere in Bergama and closer inspection will reveal two partially reconstructed temples (Temple of Trajan and the Temple of Athena), ancient aqueducts and the incredible hillside theater, which is said to contain the steepest theater seating in the world.
Tours and Activities to Experience Pergamon (Pergamum)
Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Day MINI Group Seven Churches of Asia Minor Tour (Max. 10 Guests)
- 5 Days : Seven Churches of Asia Minor Tour Smyrna, Pergamon, Thyatira, Sardis...
- 3 Days - Seven Churches of Revelation
- 5 Days - Seven Churches of Revelation
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Kos
- Things to do in Muğla
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Sarigerme
- Things to do in Rhodes
- Things to do in Ios
- Things to do in Fethiye
- Things to do in Santorini
- Things to do in Western Anatolia
- Things to do in Dodecanese