Top Heraklion Unique Experiences
Saved to wishlist!
3 results | All Heraklion Tours
Immerse yourself in Crete’s delectable, rustic cuisine—and leave the bustle of the city behind—when you sign up for this private, hands-on cooking class. Pick a time that works best for you, and meet your driver directly at your Heraklion hotel which then takes you to the village where you meet your guide. It’s a quick drive into the hills, where you’ll cook amidst the Mediterranean scenery. With your guide’s instruction, learn to prepare a number of traditional dishes, from dolmadakia (stuffed grape leaves) to lamb with artichokes. Then, sit down to enjoy your multi-course meal, complete with wine.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Our award-winning Travel Designers are unapologetic gourmands. Sometimes food is the inspirational part of the craft of our adventures. That is why we traveled to Crete’s Lassithi Plateau to search for the rare Cretan black truffle – and learned how to cook them with our brilliant local chefs. Now you can do the same. We’ve designed this unforgettable trip to submerge you into an authentic way of life in one of the island’s most beautiful regions while gaining a deeper understanding of the relationship between recipes, people, and traditions. This is the land of emotions and the art of planning two great loves: travel and food.
Cherries, Churches and the Valley of Amari. A hidden paradise between the mountain Kedros and Psilorites. Explore the beautiful landscape at the springtime. For only a few months the year, the valley open it’s beauty. The first stop is at the ceramic pottery village Margerithes. After you'll visit the hidden valley and see a carpet of flowers, particularly orchids and irises including Orphys mammosa (Breasted orphrys), Orchis pauciflora (Sparsley-flowering orchid), Orchis italica, Orphys tenthredinifera, Iris cretensis, Hermodactylus tuberosus and Romulea bulbocodium. The great profusion of flowers is due to the limestone on which the plateau is situated. One of the highlights of this plateau is the extremely rare Tulipa doerfleri, and it occurs in in such great numbers that the fields are coloured red! Later filled up with the beauty of the flowers you'll have lunch in a traditional taverna After a good meal you'll visit Spili, the heart of Crete bevor heading back.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Unique Experiences in Heraklion?
The best Unique Experiences in Heraklion according to Viator travelers are:
What Unique Experiences in Heraklion are taking additional safety precautions?
These Heraklion experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Unique Experiences in Heraklion are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Heraklion may have limited interaction with crowds:
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets