Though it’s not as famous as Camp Nou, RCDE Stadium is a popular attraction among sports fans visiting Barcelona. Stadium tours take fans behind the scenes and into the press zone, locker rooms, player tunnels, and the chairman’s box. Augmented reality walls throughout the facility highlight key moments in the team’s history through video and narration. The tour culminates in a museum where the team’s trophies are displayed.
Things to Know Before You Go
RCDE Stadium is a must-visit for sports fans.
Match tickets can be bought in advance, but they rarely sell out except when they’re playing FC Barcelona or Real Madrid.
The stadium tour is fully wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The stadium is accessible by metro, bus, or commuter train. Cornellà Metro station is the last stop on Line 5 and is about 15 minutes’ walk from the stadium. Alternatively, visitors can take buses 67 or 68 from Plaça de Catalunya, or Renfe commuter trains R1, R4, or R7.
When to Get There
Stadium tours are available once or twice daily, Tuesday to Sunday, except for match days when RCD Espanyol is playing at home. To experience the electric energy of a live match, plan to visit during the regular season (September to May).
One of the most exciting days for an Espanyol fan is the Catalan Derby (Derbi Barceloní), when the team faces off against crosstown rival FC Barcelona. No matter where these teams are in the standings, this match is always heated, in part for political reasons. Throughout much of the history of the Spanish League, FC Barcelona was seen as the club of Catalonia, while RCD Espanyol remained aligned with the Spanish crown.
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in Mallorca
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Ibiza
- Things to do in Montpellier
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Balearic Islands
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées
- Estrella Damm Factory
- Colonia Güell
- FC Barcelona Museum (Museu del Futbol Club Barcelona)
- Camp Nou
- National Art Museum of Catalonia (Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya)
- Llobregat Delta (Delta del Llobregat)
- Royal Monastery of St. Mary of Pedralbes (Monestir de Pedralbes)
- El Tablao de Carmen
- Spanish Village (Poble Espanyol)
- Fran Daurel Foundation (Fundacio Fran Daurel)
- Saint Jordi Palace (Palau Sant Jordi)
- Olympic Stadium
- Placa d'Espanya
- Magic Fountain (Font Màgica)
- Botanical Garden of Barcelona