Top Avignon Day Trips
94 results | All Avignon Tours
* A traveler said: "The natural grandeur of La Fontaine de Vaucluse. The beautiful ochre of Roussillon. The view from Gordes."
* A traveler said: "Jean was really helpful throughout the whole tour. The tour shoes you the essentials of the area. Jean had a great knowledge of the sights and was extremely helpful throughout the entire experience. The Abbey was not in full bloom but it was still great to see. Overall a fantastic opportunity to see the fields and get all the insight knowledge."
* A traveler said: "Our tour to Roussillion, Gordes and Vauclause with Amar was wonderful. He was a great guide and explained things very well. Well worth the trip."
* A traveler said: "Gordana our guide was amazing! She told us about everything! She was kind and friendly. The tour was worthy, there were a lot of spot to see."
* A traveler said: "This was the highlight of our holiday. Very curated tour of interesting vineyards with amazing wines. Our tour guide, Nikola, was fantastic. Highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Gordana was an extremely knowledgeable, articulate and accommodating guide. The tour was well paced and we were able to see many highlights of the region without feeling rushed or that we were skipping anything. This tour is highly recommended, especially if you have a limited amount of time to spend in Provence."
* A traveler said: "The trip was carefully planned with great selection of placess and lavender gardens. Also Guide was fabulous and she had great knowledge about the history. Enjoyed it and definitely reocmmend it."
* A traveler said: "I had an amazing experience with this tour. Gordana was knowledgeable and show us the best of everything. She was also flexible on all our requests. Highly recommended !!!!"
* A traveler said: "Gordana is an awesome tour guide, passionate and energetic - she speaks perfect English so you don’t have to take any second thought to go with her. She is thoughtful and sociable with everyone, if not that our stay is short we’d go with her for another day! After all, the wine experience is top too, perfect weather, tasty wines, and good company!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour ! The guide was very nice and professional, everything was on point, we spent a great day visiting La Provence A must to do if you want to see the beauty of this area, I reccomand 5/5."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful memory we had. The guide was very nice and kind !!|We wanted to stay longer at St. Remi Hospital.|We hope we could have this tour again."
* A traveler said: "A must for better understanding of Roman influence/impact in France, if not for the sheer awe-inspiring Pont du Gard aqueduct. We then joined the afternoon tour of Luberon area for wine and olive oil tasting. Guide had a great handle on the history and culture of the region."
* A traveler said: "My husband and I loved our entire day with Christopher guiding us through the streets of Avignon and Palais des Papes. His enjoyment of doing what he loves made our experience even more special. We loved having the extra history and information that Chris imparted and his relaxed pace and personable style endeared us to him and the area."
* A traveler said: "This was an excellent day trip. Our driver and guide Nico made sure we saw a few lavender fields which we told him our main reason for visiting Provence. He also advised us on how to spot the right lavender products and where to get them at the best prices. He took us to three of the classified “most beautiful villages” in France: Gordes, Rousillion, and Menerbes. He gave us introduction to each of these places. He dropped us off the entrance of each town so we were free to wander about and do our shopping for products unique to Provence. I highly recommend this day trip."
* A traveler said: "Just excellent way to visit the overall area in the beginning of our vacation. Jeremy was excellent. We all enjoyed ourselves and learned a lot. We then went back to key areas where we wanted to spend more time. Many thanks to Jeremy. Nelson Burns"
* A traveler said: "The Guide Anais was perfect. Nice, polite, interesting stories and lots of knowledge. I enjoyed being on the Tour."
* A traveler said: "Nicholas was our guide. He went above and beyond and included extra highlights, and gave us various helpful and tailored recommendations throughout the day. It was a fantastic day and exceeded our expectations. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "The guide, “Terry,” was knowledgeable and friendly and rearranged the tour to make the most of the unusually rainy weather. Also, he went out of his way to help us catch a bus after the tour."
* A traveler said: "We choose this trip because we had 2 firm interests: the Ochre Path and Gordes.|We had our accomodation in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, so we asked them if we could be picked up there, they confirmed and this is how it happened.|Nico, our driver turned up on time, picked us up, gave us a heads-up on how the day would look like and we hit the road. Nico such a sweet, attentive man gave a little background on every stop and the surrounding landscape, provided a map and let us go, telling us the time and place he would pick us up later. It turned out to be always the right time needed to roam around - except for Roussillon, where we asked for an additional 15 mins. Even with this extra, we finished the day as planned.|First stop, Fountaine, once-home for Petrarca, is a cute little town with such clean and chill air. The river was really low in early September. Peek into Paper Museum free. They were just openening at the Petrarca Museum but we were reluctant to pay 7ish Euros for the entry and we didn't have time, so we skipped it.|Next, Lavender Museum of the Chateau du Bois/Lincele Family in Custellet. Video of the lavender/ine distillation was interesting but stopped short and then we were rushed through the 'museum' by our salesperson. Apparently there was some misunderstanding between the companies. We could just have skipped this.|Next, Abbaye de Senanque, a working monastery, charming and we just cought the end of a mass, less touristy as not in lavender season, nice shop.|Next, Gordes, panorama photoshoot. Lunch sandwiches but restaurant was also recommended, wandering on the lovely streets again, no mood for paying 10ish EUR for the Vasarely exhibition, shame on us.|Next, Roussillon and the Ochre Path entry: 2.50EUR, appr. 25mins, is a must! The village is just so nice, we liked it even more than Gordes.|Last stop, Menerbes, Picasso had a house here, find Joe Downing Park across. Lovely place.|So, in short: totally recommended, worth every penny. Ask for Nico!"
* A traveler said: "Great experience. Went to a lot of beautiful photo destinations and learned a lot about Provence’s lavender fields. Gordana was an amazing guide and really made us feel comfortable / cared for. Overall I highly recommend the experience."
* A traveler said: "The female tour guide is very helpul and freindly. The bus is high quality, clean. The each destination always on time. The informations on bus so much that you could be find out anything for trip in avignon and neibourgh areas"
* A traveler said: "We had a tour with Theirry (spelling??) and he was PERFECT! Upbeat, polite, fun and incredibly informative. He managed to even switch our tour around for an additional special winery. I feel like I know much more about Southern Rhone wines."
* A traveler said: "Great trip, excellent choice of four very different vineyards and superb hosts looking after us. Highly recommended for anyone seeking a memorable visit to Châteauneuf-du-Pape."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Layover Tours
- Multi-day Tours
- Overnight Tours
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Avignon Cathedral (Cathedrale Notre-Dame des Doms)
- Les Baux-de-Provence
- Senanque Abbey (Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque)
- Les Saintes Maries de la Mer
- Little Palace Museum (Musée du Petit Palais)
- Montmajour Abbey (Abbaye de Montmajour)
- Rhône River
- Rocher des Doms
- Eglise Notre-Dame des Sablons
- Church of St. Trophime (Eglise St-Trophime)
- Les Halles Market
- Things to do in Provence
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Montpellier
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Toulon
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Lyon
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Languedoc-Roussillon
- Things to do in French Riviera