Things to Do in Athens This Winter
If you value uncrowded spaces, then winter, Athens’ low season, is the perfect time to experience the Greek capital. From December through February you can make the most of the city’s museums, restaurants, cooking classes, and shops at a peaceful pace. Here are some great Athens winter activities.
- Immerse yourself in the ancient world on anAcropolis Museum tour.
- Exploreunderground archaeological excavationson the Athens Metro.
- Craft the perfect souvenir—or holiday gift—at apottery class.
- Spend the dayskiing on Mt. Parnassus, home of the Muses.
- Cook up a feast of winter warmers, Greek style, with aprivate cooking class.
- Discover Athens’ festive treats on aChristmas food and market tour.
- Warm up with amassage and a sauna.
- Get in the Christmas spirit as you follow in St. Paul’s footsteps on aCorinth tour.
- Show off your footwork with aGreek folk dancing class.
- Pick up artisanal gifts on aprivate shopping tour.