Things to Do in Athens This Spring
Spring is a wonderful time to visit Athens—and all of Greece. Flowers and herbs bloom in the hills and on the islands, cooler weather makes getting active a joy, and the high season crowds are nowhere to be seen. Here are a few ways to experience the Greek capital this spring.
- Take awalking tourof the Acropolis and essential ancient ruins.
- Beat the crowds toSantorinifor a night or two.
- Soak up the sun on aGreek islands day cruise.
- Explore the city or the coast on abicycle tour.
- Learn how the first Olympians exercised with anancient Greek workoutat the Panathenaic Stadium.
- Take an overnight adventure to see spring flowers bloom at the ancienttemple of Delphiand among the sky-highmonasteries of Meteora. *Hike Mount Lycabettusfor sunset city views.
- Learn about Greek plants and flowers on aNational Gardens tour. *Perfect your photographywith a private guided tour of iconic sights—and no big groups to ruin the shot.