Things to Do in Athens This Fall
Athens’ peak-season crowds disappear in the fall. The weather is cooler, but the Aegean is still blissfully warm, the grape and olive harvests are in full swing, and the city looks magical after dark. Here are a few ways to enjoy Athens this fall.
*Take the train to Meteorato savor the fall colors and the warm light around the monasteries.
- Treat yourself to aprivate food tourof the city’s best markets, delis, and artisan stores.
- Enjoy an all-dayisland-hopping adventureto Poros, Hydra, and Aegina without the high-season crowds.
- Tour thevineyards around Nemeaas the grape harvest comes in. *Savor local artisan olive oilwith a tutored tasting.
- Watch thesunset from the Temple of Poseidonat Cape Sounion.
- See theAcropolis lit up at nighton an evening tour that includes dinner.
- Learn about Greekgods, myths, and heroesas you explore the city’s ancient monuments.
- Get to know locals on abar-hopping tour.
- Discover traditional neighborhoods such as Plaka and Anafiotika on anoff-the-beaten-path walking tour.
- Make like Dionysus with awine tastingin the shadow of the Acropolis.